Employment Law Lawyer Schaumburg, Illinois
Working with an employment law lawyer Schaumburg, IL, is one of the best steps people can take if they experienced a violation of their workplace rights. Employers should take measures to ensure that they have not violated their employees’ rights for many reasons. When this occurs, it may result in legal issues. There are many protections in place for employees to ensure that they are treated fairly in the workplace. Should an employee experience discrimination, or unfair treatment, they may be able to take legal action. Taking the proper steps will be critical, and Davis and Brusca, LTD, can help. Start the process by taking the time to find a lawyer who is experienced and prepared to take your case on.
Protections for Employees
In the past, an employee had little protections or rights, and as a result, they were at the mercy of their employer. Today, there are labor protection laws in place for employees to ensure that they are treated fairly in the workplace. These laws include:
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)
- Social Security Act (SSA)
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA)
- Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Whistleblower Protections
- Workers’ Compensation
These laws are in place to ensure that employees are treated fairly. If you believe that your employer violated labor protection laws, it may be in your best interest to take immediate action with an employment law lawyer in Schaumburg, Illinois.
Take the Proper Steps
If your rights were violated by your employer, it can be hard to know what to do next. Employment law can be complicated, and while it should come as no surprise that legal representation will be necessary, the following are steps to take for moving your case forward:
- Understand employment law. If you believe your rights have been violated, do your research to understand your situation better.
- Keep a detailed account of events that transpired and everything in the days and weeks to come.
- File a complaint with your employer.
- Contact a lawyer as soon as possible. This provides several advantages. Not only can they support you in building your case, but they will also work to protect your rights and help outline the next steps.
- Determine whether you should file a complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
When a person’s rights are violated in the workplace, they should take action. No person should be left to face the impact of employment violations. The time to act is now by contacting an experienced lawyer in Illinois that you can trust.
Find a Lawyer
Taking the time to find an employment lawyer is important to ensure that victims receive the legal guidance they deserve. Legal representation will be essential to receiving a positive outcome for your case; find a lawyer by:
- Asking people you know for referrals
- Researching experienced lawyers in your area
- Contact the state bar association
- Conduct online research of prospective attorneys
- Ask attorneys about case outcomes
- Schedule a consultation
- Carefully prepare for the consultation as you will have limited time to ask questions and have your case reviewed
Bott & Associates, LTD offers complimentary consultations for individuals who have been mistreated in the workplace. No person should be left to manage violations of their rights without a lawyer’s assistance to guide them. We are prepared to protect your rights. To get started, contact The Law Offices of our Schaumburg, Illinois employment law lawyer as soon as possible.