An elder law lawyer in Northwest Suburbs, Chicago at Bott & Associates, LTD. knows that when we get older, we may find ourselves facing new issues that we didn’t encounter in our younger years. Suddenly we are having to think about estate planning, retirement, health care, taxes, disability, and other financial planning concerns. Planning for our older years can be challenging and confusing without the right information. Without having a lawyer to guide you and offer sound advice, simple issues can quickly turn into a much bigger problem. For those who are in need of legal help, we strongly encourage you to call our law office today.
What Elder Law Lawyers Do
As a team of elder law lawyers, we are not only legal professionals, but advocates for seniors and their family members. We can handle a range of legal matters, such as long-term planning, retirement, medicare/medicaid, social security, health care, guardianship, and more. We can:
- Evaluate the needs of our clients and offer reliable legal insight
- Prepare and/or edit your trust and will documents
- Decide the best way to pay for long-term health care
- Assist with use of durable powers of attorney, living wills, living trusts, health care decisions, and financial management
- Set up guardianships and conservatorships
- Provide counseling on private and public retirement benefits, pension benefits, and survivor benefits
- Assist with family members making difficult and emotional decisions, especially in regards to end-of-life situations
Because of the nature of elder law, it will be important that you hire a lawyer who is seasoned and equipped to handle such topics. Just a few examples of elder law issues we can handle include elder abuse/fraud, management of estates, financial documentation, long-term care placements, social security appeals/claims, transfer of assets, and so much more. When consulting with clients, they may ask us questions like:
- How can I afford long-term care for a loved one (or myself)?
- How can I protect my assets now and after passing on?
- What do I need to know about probate and why may I want to avoid it?
- Am I giving control of my assets by creating a living trust?
- When is guardianship or conservatorship appropriate?
- How do I get started with my estate plan?
- What actions can I take now to make life easier for my aging relative?
Call Bott & Associates, LTD.
For compassionate, knowledgeable, and informative legal advice, you can rest assured that our team is here to assist you. We have vast experience in estate planning, medicaid, asset and business protection, and elder law matters. Call Bott & Associates, LTD. today to have your worries addressed by a Northwest Suburbs, Chicago elder law lawyer!