How a Trust Lawyer Can Help You
Any type of legal dispute can provoke overwhelming feelings of frustration and stress. When there is a dispute over a trust or estate, it can be difficult for everyone involved to think clearly and resolve the problem at hand. When these types of disputes are not settled, they can turn into serious matters that go beyond a fight over assets. A trust lawyer Rolling Meadows, IL relies on at Bott & Associates, Ltd. is particularly sensitive to these types of cases. We understand how to handle them without causing further disruption amongst all parties involved.
Common Issues in Trust Litigation
A majority of trust disputes arise when one family member, usually a child, is named trustee over a family trust and engages in fraudulent activities, self-dealing, or overall mismanagement of the trust. When this happens, the trustee is in a violation of his or her fiduciary duties. Other types of trust litigation issue may include:
- Undue Influence: A common issue when an elder is involved in a trust. Undue influence could include any kind of emotional manipulation, coercion, or physical intimidation to essentially force or obligate the drafter to change a will or trust in the favor of the influencer.
- Poor Draftsmanship: Sometimes the beneficiaries of a trust will challenge it because it is unclear, poorly written, or includes provisions that are illegal.
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty: A common claim against a trustee or executor of a trust who has not acted according to their rightful duties and obligations.
Other Trust Problems Include:
- Dispute of trust reformation
- Removal of trustee
- Misconduct of a trust
- Accounting mishaps
- Contesting a trust
- Misappropriation of assets
- Trust errors or mistakes
- Disputes with a third party
- Lack of testamentary capacity
Regardless of what your issue might be, if you believe you’ll be involved in some form of trust litigation in the future, it is prudent to hire a trust lawyer in Rolling Meadows, IL for counsel.
Why Choose Bott & Associates, Ltd.?
Litigation of a trust is usually handled in a probate court. This practice of law is significantly different from other civil courts. Judges who oversee probate court cases generally have extensive experience in this area. Furthermore, cases involving a trust or will dispute are often resolved faster than civil disputes. As a Rolling Meadows, IL law firm that has handled trust litigation in the past, we aim to resolve our clients’ legal matters through negotiations or mediation. If this is not possible, we are prepared to proceed with a litigation hearing.
When you hire a trust litigation lawyer from Bott & Associates, Ltd. you can expect:
- Comprehensive representation
- Access to a team of legal professionals
- High quality services
- Frequent communication
- Creative solutions for cases of every complexity
Bott & Associates, Ltd. is at the forefront of trust litigation and overall estate planning. It’s our goal to provide all of our clients with comfort, support, empathy, honesty, and mentorship. It is our objective to diligently resolve conflicts and disputes as amicably as possible. To schedule a consultation with a trust lawyer Rolling Meadows, IL families can turn to in difficult times, contact Bott & Associates, Ltd. today.