Employment Law Lawyer Schaumburg, IL
Talk with an Employment Law Lawyer Schaumburg, IL Trusts if Your Rights Have Been Violated
You are a hard worker and take your career seriously. When you find out you are being fired, and you believe the reason is invalid, calling an employment law lawyer in Schaumburg, IL may be a good idea. In a situation like this, time is of the essence. Waiting to see what happens can result in a loss of valuable evidence or other details.
Choosing the right lawyer is equally important. You want a lawyer who has a vast understanding of state and federal workers’ rights laws, as well as employment rules and regulations. You want a lawyer who has a sound track record of holding employers accountable for their wrongful actions. You should have Bott & Associates, Ltd., on your side.
Our firm has successfully represented a large number of workers in both state and federal courts throughout the state. In our experience we have recovered millions of dollars for employees who were the victim of a wrongful termination. If you have been terminated, and believe it was unlawful, call an employment law lawyer in Schaumburg, IL. You will have the opportunity to speak with a lawyer who can listen to what happened, address your concerns, and answer any questions. If you have a case, we will help you to understand what next steps you need to take. Call Bott & Associates, Ltd., now.
What is wrongful termination?
Illinois is an at-will employment state. This means they do not have a free pass to ignore or violate your legal rights. They must also follow state and federal employment laws at all times.
Wrongful termination is considered to be a type of firing that includes at least one violation of a state or federal employment law. It can also occur if it implicates public policy. If one of the following is applicable to your firing, your employer may be held responsible:
You are a member of a protected class, such as gender, race, religion, national origin, age, disability, military status, and more
You were engaging in a protected activity, such as taking leave under the Family Medical Leave Act, workers’ compensation, reporting fraudulent business practices, or refusing to engage in an activity that is deemed illegal
You are being retaliated against for reporting discriminatory actions or engaging in other activities that are protected
As an employment law lawyer in Schaumburg IL, we have handled wrongful termination cases involving:
- Gender Identity
- Health Conditions
- National Origin
- Military Status
- Employees who are on medical leave
- Employees who have a medical restriction
- Retaliation against employees who’ve filed a complaint against the employer
- Retaliate against employees who filed for workers’ compensation
If you have been terminated, please call Bott & Associates, Ltd., to speak with a Schaumburg, IL employment law lawyer. We can help you to understand if you have a valid claim.
Let Bott & Associates, Ltd., Fight For Your Legal Rights
We know how upsetting it can be to lose a job, especially if it was done unlawfully. Chances are that your employer has hard-working lawyers ready to fight for them. Let us help you to protect your own rights. Call an employment law lawyer in Schaumburg, IL today. Call Bott & Associates, Ltd.
Common Myths About Wrongful Termination
If you’ve recently been fired from your job, you may wonder if your termination was illegal or not. There are many misconceptions about wrongful termination, so it’s easy to get confused. Here are some common myths an employment law lawyer in Schaumburg, IL wants you to stop believing.
- Any Termination That Seems Unfair is Illegal: When you believe that you have been fired unfairly, it’s understandable that you may want to seek justice. However, just because a firing seems unfair to you, doesn’t mean it’s unlawful. In the state of Illinois, it’s only considered unlawful if an employer fires you for discriminatory reasons, blowing the whistle on illegal acts and asserting your rights under certain statutes.
- You Can’t File a Lawsuit If You’re a Contractor: If you work as an independent contractor for a company, you may assume that you don’t have any employment rights. Fortunately, you are still protected from wrongful termination. If you have reason to believe your employer fired you for an unlawful reason, such as for your race or ethnicity, you should get an employment law lawyer in Schaumburg, IL involved.
- You Can’t Sue If You Quit: Unfortunately, many people believe that if you quit your job, you lose the right to sue your employer. However, if you felt the need to quit your job because you were in a hostile or dangerous environment, you can still pursue a lawsuit against your employer. It is a good idea to talk to a lawyer about your situation to see if you have a good case or not.
- Anti-Discrimination Laws Only Protect Minorities and Women: It’s true anti-discrimination laws provide protection for minorities and women in the workplace. However, they aren’t the only ones who receive protection. These laws also protect employees who are being discriminated against for their age, religion, citizenship status and marital status.
My Employer Will Likely Make a Settlement Offer Soon: Although it would be nice if it was that easy, it usually isn’t the case. Many employers won’t be willing to offer a fair settlement immediately, even if there is sufficient evidence against them. That is why it is best to hire an experienced employment law lawyer in Schaumburg, IL as soon as possible. He or she will present your case in the best light and improve your chances of receiving a fair settlement.